AlpineQuest is the complete solution for all outdoor activities and sports, including hiking, running, trailing, hunting, sailing, geocaching, off-road navigation and much more.
May 4, 2022
2.1 and up
AlpineQuest is the complete solution to all outdoor activities and sport. This includes hiking, running and trailing, hunting and sailing, geocaching and off-road navigation.
Access and save a large number of online topographic maps locally. These maps will be available even if you are not within cell coverage. AlpineQuest supports many onboard raster map formats.
You can avoid getting lost by using your GPS and magnetic sensor (with compass view) . The map shows you where you are at any given moment.
You can save and retrieve unlimited places and share them with friends. Track where you are, and receive advanced statistics as well as interactive graphics. There will be no more questions about the possibilities.
AlpineQuest helps you to explore deep into the wilderness by remaining fully functional without cell coverage, whether in mountains or elsewhere.
No ads No data mining Analytics No third-party libraries
Do not hesitate to download the free Lite version!
PLEASE report suggestions and issues on our dedicated forum https://www.alpinequest.net/forum (no registration needed, all questions answered) and not in the comments.
The key features of are:
* Built-in Online Maps (with Automatic Local Storage; a Road, Topo and Satellite maps included) and Online Layers (road names and hillshade, contours).
* Access more layers and online maps in one click using the included community map list (all major maps worldwide and many topo maps local to your area).
* Full area storage for offline use of online maps;
* Off-board offline map support (raster), including KMZ Overlays and OziExplorer OzFx2 OZFx3 (partly), and calibrated images. (visit our website for MOBAC, the free map maker).
* QuickChart memory map support (.qct only,.qc3 not compatible).
* Built-in image calibrator allows you to use any scan, picture or other data as a map.
* Onboard digital storage (1-arcsec DEM SRTM) and support HGT elevation files (both 1-arcsec or 3-arcsec resolutions), which allows display of terrain, hillshade and steep slopes.
* Polar maps (Arctic, Antarctic) support
* Multiple maps in layers display, with per-map opacity/contrast/color/tint/blending control.
* You can create, display, save and restore unlimited numbers of items (waypoints and routes, areas and tracks).
* Import/export GPX file, Google Earth KML/KMZ file, and CSV/TSV file;
* Import ShapeFile SHP/PRJ/DBF and OziExplorer PT/PLT, GeoJSON tracks, Geocaching LOC Waypoints, GeoJSON and Export AutoCAD DXF files
* Share online locations with others using Community Placemarks.
* Details and Advanced Statistics. Interactive Graphics for various items.
* Time Controller for replaying time-tagged tracks
* On-map geolocation using device GNSS receivers (GPS/Glonass/Galileo/…) or Network;
* Map orientation, compasse, and targetfinder;
* Built-in /GNSS/Barometric tracker (extended Tracking Capable, Running in a Separate and Light Process), with battery level and network strength recorders;
* Leaves path and proximity alerts
* Barometer support (compatible devices).
* Units of distance in metric, imperial and nautical units.
* Latitude/Longitude, and grid coordinate formats (WGS. UTM. MGRS. USNG. OSGB. SK42. Lambert. QTH. …) with display of on-map grids.
* Ability to import hundreds of coordinate formats from http://www.spatialreference.org;
* New Explorer mode fields added: compass heading value, arrow.
* A new zoom slider that can be used without zoom buttons
* Horizontal and vertical distances can also be displayed when the primary grid is being used as the measure tool
* Numerous bug fixes and improvements.
Leave a Reply