|DEVELOPER||June Fabrics Technology Inc|
December 22, 2020
4.1 and up
Version 5.10 contains major changes. Please read the following before you update.
1. Windows side also need updating from http://pdanet.co/install
2. FoxFi still offers the original wifi Hotspot feature. You can still download it from the Play Store if you need it. You can also find the previous (4.19) version of PdaNet+ at http://pdanet.co/install/old
3. Android requires new location permission due to the wifi scan API call.
There are technical limitations to what an app can do without root access. While we try to provide the most convenient way to share phone Internet, it is not always possible. a normal wifi Hotspot). It might not work with certain devices.
=====WiFi direct mode (new!) ====
PdaNet+ now offers a new feature called “Wifi Direct Hotspot”. It works with all Android phones running 4.1 or higher. This allows you to connect computers or tablets to your phone via wifi. However, you will need to install our client app and set up a proxy depending upon which device you are connecting. Click the “Help!” button to activate Wi-Fi Direct Hotspot in PdaNet+. For more information, click the “Help!” button
*If you do not see the hotspot in pairing, please follow these steps: 1. Restart Hotspot in the phone.
2. Click on “Show All WiFi Direct Hotspot” This will check if your adapter is compatible with 5Ghz.
====FoxFi/WiFi hotspot Mode (the older) ====
The original WiFi Hotspot feature is still available in the FoxFi app. It no longer works on newer models of phones due to carrier updates. You may still have to pay for hotspot usage (see plan 2 below). Wifi Direct Hotspot may solve both of these issues. The new feature doesn’t support TV streaming, game devices or TVs.
USB mode is available on all Android phones, except for certain ZTE/Alcatel models. It can be connected from Windows or Mac. You can also use the “Wifi Share” feature to turn Windows into a hotspot for sharing PdaNet Internet.
*If your computer does not recognize your phone after connecting USB, please see http://pdanet.co/driver
Bluetooth mode can be used to connect to Windows. Direct wifi mode is preferable.
=====Does this software ?=====?
Since 2003, the Treo smartphone was first to use PdaNet software. It is a must-have software, with over 30 million downloads. It all depends on what kind of data plan your phone has. There are four types of data plans offered by most carriers.
1. You cannot turn on the mobile hotspot function on your phone with either a limited or unlimited data plan. Instead, it prompts you for a call to your carrier.
2. You have unlimited data and can use your mobile hotspot to access it. Hotspot usage is limited to 5G per month. The speed will then be slowed to a crawl. This is what FoxFi cannot avoid!
3. You have unlimited data and can set up a mobile hotspot using your phone. There is no cap on LTE usage or throttle. This plan is NOT available or intended. However, we have seen loopholes in some phones models that allow for it.
4. You can use your data plan to access a mobile hotspot via your phone. You can only use the mobile hotspot once you have reached your data plan limit.
PdaNet+ is required if your plan falls below 1 or 2. PdaNet+ won’t make any difference if your plan falls under 3 or 4. PdaNet+ is a good option if you’re not sure what plan you have.
PdaNet+’s free edition will have a limit on the number of times it can be used. It is otherwise the same as full version.
Sprint and AT&T may not allow you to install our app from Play Store; please install the apk file directly from http://pdanet.co/install or install it from the computer side.
WiFi Direct Detection Issue: Connecting from a tablet or a Mac?
(4.1 and up)
Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0 – 4.0.4),Jelly Bean (4.1 – 4.3.1),KitKat (4.4 – 4.4.4),Lollipop (5.0 – 5.1.1),Marshmallow (6.0 – 6.0.1),Nougat (7.0 – 7.1.1),Oreo (8.0-8.1)
Download PdaNet+ FULL 5.23 APK
Leave a Reply